- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup prechopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced garlic
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (about 2 large tomatoes)
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable stock
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion and garlic to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms to pan; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, stock, salt, and beans to pan, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and about half of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Gently break eggs into pan; cook 3 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are still runny. Divide bean mixture among 4 shallow bowls. Top each serving with 1 egg; drizzle with vinegar, and sprinkle with pepper.