- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water or broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups zucchini (~2 medium sized zucchini), diced
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water, about 15 minutes, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, prep the zucchini and corn, heat the oil over medium-high heat, add the zucchini and corn and cook until tender, about 12 minutes, before removing from heat and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything and enjoy!