- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- 1 large whole chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut carrots, celery and onion into large chunks and line bottom of slow cooker.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, and stuff with garlic cloves and lemon halves. Season all over with salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours, or until chicken is 160 degrees.