- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1lb uncooked uncookedboneless skinless chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1teaspoon dried thyme (or more)
- 1⁄2teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon black pepper
- 3medium garlic cloves, minced (or more)
- 2cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons cornstarch
- 2cups cooked brown rice, kept hot
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken on a plate and season with thyme, salt and pepper. Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned on all sides, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to skillet, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of broth, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a cup, dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth; add to skillet.
- Simmer until mixture thickens, stirring constantly, about 1 minute; serve over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and broccoli and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.